Friday, March 27, 2020

Rauðrófusalat með geitaosti

Beetroot salad with goat cheese


I still have beetroot - both fresh and cooked, also in various cans or jars. Somehow I have to "hoard" a bit of vegetables... I also had a bag of rocket from my weekly vegetable box delivery in the fridge. And when I looked for recipes for rauðrófu salad on the Internet and found pictures with arugula on the side... Oh, wonderful, that fits! I also had walnuts and goat cheese.

It's difficult to shop specifically here at the moment, but when I find a recipe that goes perfectly with what I already have on hand, that makes me happy!


Ingredients for 2 servings

350 g cooked beetroot
1 apple
150 g rocket
150 g goat cheese
40 g chopped walnuts

3 Tbsp rapeseed oil
1 Tbsp apple cider vinegar
1 pinch of sea salt
1 pinch of ground pepper


Preparation

For the dressing, combine the rapeseed oil with the apple cider vinegar and mix with salt and pepper.


Wash the arugula and tear it as needed.

Chop the cooked beetroot, halve it if necessary and cut into thin slices.

Wash, peel and grate the apple.


Chop the goat cheese, crumble if necessary.

Crack the walnuts, crush the kernels a little and briefly toast them in a pan.


First arrange the rocket on the plate, then distribute the beetroot on top. Crumble the goat cheese over it.

Mix the grated apple with the dressing and spread over the salad.

Finally, add the roasted walnut kernels on top and then serve immediately.

PS: I still have fresh cress on the windowsill, I cut some of it off and added it to the salad - I can use color these days!




[Translated from here.]

No comments:

Post a Comment