Thursday, July 18, 2019

Skyrdrykkur með greipaldini

Sky drink with grapefruit


The recipe here came about purely by chance - I still had a grapefruit lying here from my vegetable box, and actually I had been lying here for a while, so it really had to go.

As if I squeezed them out, I then squeezed out a very sour lemon in addition to the sour grapefruit (also using leftovers!), then mixed the juice with the only slightly sour Skyr - and then tempered the whole acidity a little with the honey. The result was really really tasty!

Oh, pomelo or grapefruit is called “greipaldin” in Icelandic. "Aldin" means "fruit", so a tomato, for example, is also called "rauðaldin", i.e. "red fruit", in addition to "tómatur". And a grapefruit is a "greipaldin", whereby the "greip" has nothing to do with "ég greip" = "I grabbed", but is simply the islandized spelling of "grape-". Similar to "fésbók" for "Facebook", which really means "Fratzenbuch". Um, yeah, where was I just now?!? Back to the recipe...


Ingredients

350 g vanilla skyr
1 large grapefruit
1 small lemon
1 - 2 Tbsp honey


Preparation

Halve the grapefruit and lemon each and squeeze thoroughly.

Then mix the juice with the Skyr and honey in the blender until you have a nice, uniform, thick mixture - and then serve the Skyr drink straight away!



[Translated from here.]

No comments:

Post a Comment