Thursday, July 18, 2019

Pylsu- og makkarónuskúffa

Sausage and Macaroni Casserole


I could probably feed my sons exclusively with sausages and 2/3 of them wouldn't even mutiny. Of course I don't do that, but every now and then I include her beloved sausages in my meal. And if I find an Icelandic recipe for it, I'll be happy too!


Ingredients

300 g macaroni
10 sausages
350 ml milk
4 eggs
1 pinch of nutmeg
1 pinch of pepper
1 tsp coarse sea salt
3 Tbsp grated cheese


Preparation

Preheat the oven to 350 °F (180 °C) upper/lower heat.

Cook the pasta in plenty of salted water according to the package instructions until soft.


Then drain the water and let the macaroni evaporate briefly.


Cut the sausages into slices approx. 1 cm thick.


Whisk the milk with the eggs, nutmeg, pepper and salt.


Place the macaroni and sausage pieces in an ovenproof dish and mix together.

Pour the seasoned egg milk over it.


Grate the cheese over it.


Then let the whole thing bake in the preheated oven for about 30 minutes.

Then serve the casserole with fresh salad.






[Translated from here.]

No comments:

Post a Comment