Tuesday, October 23, 2018

My recipe in a flight magazine in Iceland

My Byggsalat in "My North"


Does this now fall under advertising? In any case, I didn't get anything in return - just a free copy of the flight magazine "My North" in the mail.

In May 2018 I took part in a recipe competition at mataraudur.is, it was about typical Icelandic national dishes with typical Icelandic ingredients and I submitted a recipe (in Icelandic!) for a pearl barley salad with blueberries, spinach and blue cheese . Okay, I didn't win, but the fact that I was able to be there was great for me!


Matarauður Íslands, translated as the "Culinary Wealth of Iceland", is a project of the Icelandic Ministry of Fisheries and Agriculture. The aim is to strengthen Iceland's positive image as a culinary nation and to publicize and promote the uniqueness of Icelandic food (also in the area of ​​"food tourism"). So exactly the topic that is close to my heart here in the blog!

In any case, one of the sponsors of the competition was the Icelandic airline Air Iceland Connect, which also reported extensively on the competition in its flight magazine. In the current issue of the magazine "My North" they are now presenting another recipe from the competition as an example - and exactly my recipe!


Today I received a copy of "My North" in the mail, with my recipe in Icelandic and English and my photo.


I definitely think that's great - þetta er frábært!






[Translated from here.]

No comments:

Post a Comment