Monday, April 9, 2018

Lakkrísís með sósu

Liquorice ice cream with sauce


Yes, I know, not everyone loves licorice as much as I do - apparently opinions differ when it comes to licorice. I didn't like it before either, when I only knew my mother's licorice wheels... but now - I love licorice with chocolate! That's why I can't resist one or two licorice recipes here in the blog.


Ingredients


4 egg yolks
50 g brown sugar
300 ml whipping cream
350 ml vanilla skyr
2 tsp sweet licorice syrup
100 g dark chocolate

100 g dark chocolate
50 ml whipping cream
2 Tbsp sweet licorice syrup
1/2 tsp licorice salt


Preparation

Mix the egg yolks with the sugar until foamy.


Beat the whipping cream until stiff.


Mix the egg yolk and sugar mixture with the whipped cream, vanilla skyr and licorice syrup.


Grate the chocolate and stir in briefly.


For the sauce, put the dark chocolate with the whipped cream, the licorice syrup and the salt in a small saucepan and heat, stirring constantly, until you have a nice, uniform mixture.


Then add the sauce to the ice cream mixture while stirring...


...and be careful not to mix the whole thing too much.


Then pour the ice cream mixture into an appropriate mold or mold...


and let it freeze in the freezer for at least 3 hours (for small molds) / 6 hours (for a large mold).

Then serve the dessert slightly thawed. (I poured a little chocolate-licorice sauce over it and decorated it with a few colorful sprinkles, but purely for visual reasons.)

Bon appetit!




[Translated from here.]

No comments:

Post a Comment