Saturday, June 26, 2021

Lakkrísvöfflur

Licorice waffles


I never used to eat licorice, but since we got to know licorice chocolate in Iceland... that has changed!

Last time I brought a selection of typical Icelandic sweets for my colleagues here in Germany, and I still had some Þristur (my favorite licorice chocolate!) left over. So it was fitting that my husband actually came across a recipe for licorice waffles, which of course I had to try!


Ingredients

300 g flour
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baker's ammonia
400 ml milk
1 egg
1 pinch of ground vanilla
80 g melted butter

150 g licorice chocolate


Preparation

In a large bowl, mix the flour with the baking powder and the baker's ammonia.


Then add the milk, egg, ground vanilla and melted butter and mix the dough until it is nice and smooth.


Then let the dough stand for about 15 minutes.

Preheat the waffle iron.

Meanwhile, cut the licorice chocolate into small pieces...


...and stir into the dough.


Grease the waffle iron or spray it with baking spray and then bake the waffles in batches in the hot waffle iron.


Then let the finished waffles cool slightly on a rack and then serve with whipped cream or vanilla ice cream.





[Translated from here.]

No comments:

Post a Comment