Tuesday, August 8, 2023

Lakkríssnúðar

Licorice rolls


I love yeast dough rolls in almost every situation and I can actually always give them to my family! Everyone loves cinnamon rolls!

But sometimes it gets to me and I want a change - and then there are no cinnamon rolls, but I try licorice rolls, for example! As a filling I add raspberry jam, powdered sugar and licorice sprinkles!

This recipe was enough for me to make 24 small licorice rolls.


Ingredients

260 ml milk
100 g margarine
450 g flour
1 pinch of coarse sea salt
80 g brown sugar
1 packet of dry yeast

4 Tbsp jam
2 Tbsp powdered sugar
4 Tbsp licorice sprinkles


Preparation

Slowly heat the milk and margarine in a saucepan over low heat and melt the margarine.


In a large bowl, mix the flour with the salt, brown sugar and dry yeast.


Then pour in the lukewarm milk with the melted margarine and knead everything thoroughly.


Then cover the dough and let it rise for at least half an hour.

Preheat the oven to 350 °F (180 °C) upper/lower heat.

Divide the yeast dough into two portions and roll out thinly into a rectangular shape.


Sprinkle the rolled out dough with two tablespoons of jam and one tablespoon of powdered sugar, then spread a tablespoon of licorice sprinkles over it.



Carefully roll up the dough over the long side and cut the roll into slices approx. 1 cm thick.

Sprinkle the rolls with some licorice sprinkles.

Place the rolls on a baking tray lined with baking paper and bake in a preheated oven at 350 °F (180 °C) for about 20 minutes until they are golden brown.



And if visitors come over at short notice, I even have something unusual to offer!


Okay, not everyone is a converted licorice fan like me - so it was a good thing that I traditionally prepared half of the rolls with a sugar cinnamon filling. My offspring was also happy...

The licorice rolls have now been eaten!






[Translated from here.]

No comments:

Post a Comment