Tuesday, September 10, 2024

Slá - My new shoulder poncho

At the moment I like to knit shoulder warmers like this, a kind of short poncho ("slá") that warms you up when you're tired and a little cold in the evening or on cooler days. Nothing for winter, which suddenly seems to be just around the corner in Iceland, but it was ideal for Icelandic summer days with little rain and maybe 13 °C outside temperature!

My last work was this Slá here made of petrol-colored Léttlopi wool (color no. 9423) and a vegetable pattern made of black Léttlopi wool (Ístex Icelandic wool no. 0059).

For the pattern, I based it on a lupine pattern that I had once seen and found very beautiful, but due to the changed colors with the black on the green background, you can no longer really recognize the "lupins". Literally everyone I've proudly shown my new Slá to has immediately described the pattern as "oh, trees!" identified. Well, then my lupins are trees. I still like it!


I inaugurated my new Slá during a trip with our offspring along the Icelandic south coast at the end of August . These pictures were taken at the island mountain Hjörleifshöfði a little east of Vík í Mýrdal, at the so-called "Yoda Cave".



Another stop on the way back
on the Black Beach near Vík

I hope you like my new Slá as much as I do!




[Translated from here.]

No comments:

Post a Comment