Sunday, March 10, 2024

Möndlukaka (ofnskúffa)

Almond cake from the tray


I baked this almond cake for my mother's last birthday a few years ago and it was really well received. At that time I baked the cake in a round springform pan with 12 pieces.

Now I baked the cake for my own birthday last week. It should be enough for a lot of people and I also wanted to take some cake with me to work for my colleagues. So instead of a round springform pan (approx. 24 cm) I used a baking tray (approx. 25 cm x 35 cm) and twice the amount of dough (but the same baking time).


Ingredients

14 eggs
400 g white sugar
500 g ground almonds
2 ml bitter almond aroma
1 grated lemon peel


Preparation

Preheat the oven to 350 °F (180 °C) upper heat.

Separate the eggs.

Beat the egg whites in a really large, tall container until stiff and set aside for now.

In a very large bowl, beat the egg yolks with the white sugar until fluffy.

Add the ground almonds, the bitter almond flavor and the grated lemon peel and mix thoroughly.

Fold in the stiffly beaten egg whites.

Then put the dough in a baking pan lined with baking paper (approx. 25 x 35 cm) and bake in the preheated oven for about 50 minutes (stick test!).

Then leave the cake in the switched off oven for about 15 minutes, then take it out of the oven, let it cool down well and carefully remove it from the tin.

Then cut the cake into cubes and serve.


This was my mother's birthday cake...


Bon appetit!




[Translated from here.]

No comments:

Post a Comment