Sunday, October 20, 2019

Konfektkaka

Sweet confectionery cake


When I was in the Westfjords, I also diligently collected Icelandic recipes wherever I could, including from a German friend who has been living in Iceland for years.

Here's one of my "finds" - Konfektkaka. I love this mixture of languages ​​that my friend used to write down her Icelandic recipes!


Ingredients
 
4 eggs
140g powdered sugar
140 g coconut flakes

100g margarine
100 g dark chocolate
60g powdered sugar



Preparation


Separate the eggs.


Beat the egg whites with 140 g of powdered sugar until stiff. Then carefully fold in the coconut flakes. Place the dough in a springform pan (approx. 22 cm) and bake in a preheated oven at 300 °F (150 °C) for one hour.



For the cream, heat the margarine and chocolate in a water bath and let it melt, then let it cool briefly.



Beat the egg yolks with 60 g of powdered sugar and mix. Then mix with the margarine-chocolate mixture...



...and spread the cream on the cake base.



Put the cake in the fridge and let it sit for a day.



If you like, you can serve the cake with cream.





[Translated from here.]

No comments:

Post a Comment