Sunday, February 24, 2019

Brauðsúpa II

Icelandic rye bread soup


I previously shared a recipe for bread soup , now I tried another recipe - and I'm completely thrilled! But I also used the rest of my home-baked Rúgbrauð instead of using pumpernickel, it's more "absorbent" and I like the result better. Absolute soul food for me! (However, this soup fills you up phenomenally quickly.)


Ingredients for 2 - 4 people

330 ml malt beer
250 g Rúgbrauð
80 g brown sugar
3 Tbsp raisins
250 ml whipping cream
1 Tbsp grated orange peel


Preparation

Cut the Rúgbrauð into small cubes.


Put the crumbled bread in a saucepan, pour in the malt beer and let it sit in the fridge for about 3 hours.


Then add the sugar and raisins...


...and simmer on the stove over low heat for about 2 hours.


Then pour the whipping cream into the soup and stir.


Add some grated orange peel and stir again...


...and serve warm.








[Translated from here.]

No comments:

Post a Comment