Tuesday, January 22, 2019

Rófusúpa

Beet soup


Turnips are really typical winter vegetables, so they are perfect for real winter cuisine! However, my turnips were extremely large; in the picture I put a vegetable onion next to them for comparison. (I only used one of my giant beets for the soup recipe, that was enough!)


Ingredients for 4 persons

2 - 3 turnips
1 - 2 onions
1 Tbsp butter
600 ml vegetable broth or similar
100 ml milk
1 pinch of salt
1 pinch of pepper
150 g blue cheese


Preparation

Slowly melt the butter in a large pot.

Peel and dice the onions.


Briefly fry the onions in the butter.


Clean, peel and chop the beets.


Add the chopped beets to the pot and fry briefly.


Add the vegetable stock and simmer over medium heat for about 30 minutes until the beet pieces have become nice and soft.


Then puree the whole thing thoroughly.


Pour in the milk and season with salt and pepper.

Cut the blue cheese into small cubes, add it to the soup and stir in briefly.


Then serve immediately.


Here's a picture of the "making of" - but I wanted to
I love taking photos of my winter kitchen in the snow in the garden!


With that in mind: bon appetit!






[Translated from here.]

No comments:

Post a Comment