This year I decided to try to reduce my wool supplies as much as possible. My husband already thinks I have far too much wool lying around here anyway... So I had the New Year's resolution decided, for now, to knit the wool I have here into potholders and sofa cushions.
I have already knitted three pairs of curd cloths since the beginning of the year, now I have - for a little more Iceland feeling for our German living room - my first self-knitted sofa cushion finished.
For my first sofa cushion, I came up with a very special design:
The former Icelandic president Guðni Th. Jóhannnesson (born 1968), who did not run for election again in 2024, sometimes has a very beautiful [something] at official occasions Lopapeysa worn, or more precisely not an Icelandic sweater, but a cardigan, in the Icelandic national colors.
In the pictures here he is wearing the presidential cardigan e.g., during a speech (source: mbl.is), when hiking with the then Norwegian crown prince Hákon in October 2022 in the area of the volcanic eruption at Fagradalsfjall (photo: mbl.is/ Kristinn Magnússon) or at official photo of the president's office for the Open Day 2024 with his wife Eliza Reid.
When we met the president in August 2022 on the open house day at his official residence in Bessastaðir, Guðni was also wearing his presidential cardigan.
So I took the pattern of this jacket as a model for my sofa cushion and at least oriented myself on this pattern while knitting. I think you can recognize it quite well - now, in a way, we have the Icelandic ex-president permanently sitting here on the sofa for more Icelandic feeling.
I am definitely very happy with my first self-knitted sofa cushion! Let's see what pattern the next knitted cushion cover will get...
Translated from here.













No comments:
Post a Comment