Saturday, September 21, 2019

Generational change in Litlibær

The next generation is now taking over the management


I already told you about the old Litlibær peat farm in the Icelandic Westfjords last summer...



...and I still think about the warm invitation and the great waffles we got there with a big smile on my face. For me one of my absolute favorite places in the Westfjords!


During our visit we had a conversation with Sigríður Hafliðatóttir and her daughter Guðrún, both of whom had spent a lot of time with us, and to my particular delight, Sigríður had also given me a few of their recipes.

Sigríður with her daughter and me in the summer of 2018

Now the 2019 season is over - Sigríður was in action for 133 days in a row throughout the summer, without a break. But now it's enough, says Sigríður - next year her daughter Guðrún and her husband Friðfinnur will take over the management of the café and look after the farm.

I would like to thank Sigríður and her daughter Guðrún once again and I am happy that things will continue in Litlibær next season!



[Translated from here.]

No comments:

Post a Comment