Wednesday, July 11, 2018

Pylsur í morgunmat

Hot dogs for breakfast - something a little different


There's a hot dog stand in Akureyri that I've never met in person, but I keep seeing photos of, and I'm fascinated by their wide selection of hot dog toppings: from potato salad to red cabbage, tuna or baked beans With bacon, they seem to have an incredible number of variations of the classic hot dog. The idea of ​​the “breakfast hot dog” with baked beans, sausages, eggs and bacon appealed to me so much that I had to try it out!

(I used my home-baked hot dog buns , but you can of course also use home-bought buns.)


Ingredients for 4 persons

4 hot dog buns

1 can of baked beans
4 sausages
100 g breakfast bacon
4 eggs
100 ml milk
1 pinch of salt
1 pinch of pepper
1 Tbsp oil


Preparation

Heat the baked beans slowly.


Fry the sausages and bacon.


Mix the eggs with the milk, salt and pepper and let them set in the greased pan to make scrambled eggs.


Cut open the hot dog buns. First add the scrambled eggs, then the beans and finally the bacon and sausages.

Maybe a slightly different, nice hearty breakfast!





[Translated from here.]

No comments:

Post a Comment