Saturday, February 3, 2024

Heitt salt karamellu súkkulaði í nýjum bolla

Hot salted caramel chocolate in a new cup


Do you know that feeling when you can finally fulfill a long-held dream? It doesn't necessarily have to be something big, sometimes even small things can make you very happy.

There is this shop in Reykjavík on Skólavörðustígur, the shopping street that leads from Laugavegur up to Hallgrímskirkja. The whole shop window is full of beautiful cups. All of them hang on transparent threads in the window and turn gently in the breeze, always showing a new side of themselves. I don't know how many times I've stood in front of the shop window and admired these cups!


But my husband was of the opinion, admittedly not entirely wrongly, that I actually already had enough cups and no more space in the kitchen cupboards anyway. So I stopped myself from dreaming about the cup... wonderful, but over thirst, not necessary, that's true...


When I received my invoice from the publisher in January, I spontaneously decided - now I'm going to treat myself to one of these cups and make this dream come true.


And so I happily took my cup home with me!


The classic cups here in Inga Elín's gallery (with a blue or black pattern) cost 6,000 ISK, the equivalent of around €40. The (slightly smaller) espresso cup costs 5,000 ISK. However, the cups from the Gold collection, which I also find very beautiful, cost €12,000 and - unlike the other cups - they are not dishwasher or microwave safe.

So I finally spontaneously decided on the “ Bylur ” model. The name means something like "snowstorm", but in fact it is defined in the dictionary as "high winds with strong gusts and snowfall".

I inaugurated my new cup with a hot chocolate with salted caramel - just the thing when the snow is storming outside!



Ingredients for 2 servings

100 g salted caramel chocolate
250 ml fresh milk
1 pinch of salt
1 pinch of ground vanilla

whipping cream
caramel syrup
optionally coffee spice


Preparation

Pour the milk into a saucepan and heat, but do not bring to the boil. Then turn off the stove.

Break the chocolate into pieces and add it to the hot milk and add a pinch of salt.


Stir everything gently until the chocolate has melted.


Pour the hot chocolate into the cups, garnish with whipped cream and caramel syrup, sprinkle with coffee spices if desired, and serve immediately.






[Translated from here.]

No comments:

Post a Comment