Sunday, November 17, 2019

Íslensk súkkulaðikaka

Icelandic chocolate cake


This is a very Icelandic recipe - but it received a mixed, not to say rather cautious, response from my family. My middle son found the relatively soft consistency "strange", my husband said "well, it's okay" - and I'm desperate because the cake was very crumbly when I cut it. (When it was well cooled, the cake was easier to cut and my son liked it better - but my husband didn't.)

On the other hand - it's a very Icelandic recipe, so I don't want to ignore it without comment, this dish doesn't deserve that. Well - a bit difficult this time...


Ingredients

260 g sugar
160 g water
250 g butter
400 g dark chocolate
4 eggs
40 g flour
50 g chopped nuts


Preparation

Heat the water and sugar in a large pot.

Add the butter and let it melt slowly.


Then chop up the chocolate, add it to the pot and let it melt.


Then remove the pot from the heat and beat the mixture with a hand mixer or something similar until it is nice and foamy.

Add the eggs, flour and chopped nuts and stir vigorously.


Then put the dough in a springform pan lined with baking paper (approx. 26 cm) and bake in a preheated oven at 350 °F (180 °C) upper and lower heat for about 35 minutes.

Then let it cool down a bit and then serve warm




[Translated from here.]

No comments:

Post a Comment